Saturday, September 15, 2012

Opinion Wall

This year, I want to focus on encouraging my EFL students to develop their own personal opinions and learn how express them well, so I decided to make this display on the back of the classroom door.


The opinion wall idea is that the question (an interesting thought-provoking question, that is in relation to what we are studying in the curriculum at the time) must be proposed by the student council, posted, answered by every student, and it must be changed every week to every other week accordingly. We are studying parts of plants and photosynthesis this month, and so the first question that a student came up with was, "Is it possible to get everything we need from plants? Could you live 100% on only plants? Yes? No?" As you can see, there are a variety of answers, and it really got the students to stop and really think. And after all, that is the point of school.





1 comment:

Kristine said...

Hey Charlotte. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope you are doing good. I miss your friendship. -Kristine