Saturday, December 31, 2011

Adios 2011.

Today I've been thinking about the best and worst moments of 2011. It sure was a roller coaster of a year. Only really good, or really bad things happened.

• We said goodbye to Texas, and moved to México.
• I became an EFL teacher.
• I lost my uncle Greg to Pancreatic cancer.
• I got slandered, again.
• Someone dented my Explorer, amongst other things.
• We weren't able to complete our house.
• We went to the beach.
• My sister-in-law got married.
• Esperanza started Preschool.
• The kids became dual citizens. (USA/México)
• I wrote 3 new songs, and learned how to cook 8 new things.
• I admitted to being Atheist.
• I made new friends.
• I lost 27 kilos (60 pounds).
• I made peace with my past, and found confidence in who I am.
• I completed the only New Year's resolution I made: I started a blog.

What about you? What were your best/worst moments of 2011?

Tonight we're eating pavo (turkey) and celebrating the New Year with José's family. We're discussing the Maya calendar; how it ends this year, and what we think might happen. So whether this is the end of the world, and the zombie apocalypse is upon us, or we've got several million more revolutions around the sun to go...Happy 2012, from México! Feliz Año Nuevo!

Aprovecha el día,
Charlotte (Carlota)

2 comments:

Kristine said...

How were you slandered? I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle.

Charlotte said...

Thank you, Kristine. We miss him dearly. Looooong story (about the slander situation)! I'll e-mail you. Thanks for reading! Happy New Year!